Careers // BJM
Reporting to senior management, the TD is responsible for planning, coordinating, controlling and directing the activities surrounding the production of artistic projects in addition to managing the human, material and financial resources of their sector.
The TD is responsible for planning the operations, resources and technical needs related to implementing the program, supervising the assembly & disassembly of the various productions and assuming the general management of the shows scheduled.
On tour, the TD’s main mandate is to plan and oversee the organization’s logistical aspects related to its productions and the preparation of documents necessary for their implementation.
In relation to the mission, the strategic orientations and the objectives set, the technical director more specifically carries out the following responsibilities:
- Plan and supervise the assembly and technical dismantling of shows and the company’s various projects and ensure the safe return of equipment and materials.
- Supervise the technical teams at performance venues.
- Assume the general management of lighting operations.
- Ensure the shows’ smooth running.
- Analyze artistic projects and evaluate their technical and budgetary feasibility. Make recommendations to management, as appropriate.
- Perform, research, purchase and rent equipment, sets, accessories, etc. necessary to the show.
- Manage venues and equipment.
- Select and hire personnel within their sector.
- Make purchases and rentals of equipment necessary for the smooth running of production activities.
- Oversee the maintenance of the company’s equipment, sets, costumes and accessories and maintain an inventory.
- Prepare the documents necessary to show operations (detailed technical sheets, lighting plans, management books, ATA notebooks, etc.)
- Check the general adequacy of the production venues.
- Plan for technical equipment needs and, if necessary, negotiate rentals.
The ideal candidate has the following:
- 5 years of experience in a similar position
- Good leadership
- Experience in a unionized environment
- Excellent organizational skills and the ability to manage multiple jobs at once
- Ability to work in French and English is mandatory
- Available to work on the company’s international tours the majority of the year
Please send your application to the attention of Marie-Joelle Tremblay, deputy general director, at email@example.com
We thank all applicants for their interest. However, only candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.